Hi, good morning! Just wanted to come on here and chat a little today. It has been a super hectic, nonstop week for us and I’ve been craving a chance to sit down and just
Hi, good morning! Just wanted to come on here and chat a little today. It has been a super hectic, nonstop week for us and I’ve been craving a chance to sit down and just type out some thoughts. Like the good ol’ days!
1. I’ve had a hyper fixation lately with iced lattes. I’m not usually a “let’s get a coffee” kind of girl… I have my one cup at home in the mornings and that’s usually all I want. But since being pregnant, hot coffee just hasn’t been something I ever want, so I’ve been waiting until I can stop somewhere and get a delicious iced latte. At first, it was a lavender iced latte that was my hyper fixation. Then I started doing lavender honey iced lattes. But now, I’m more into just a honey iced latte because it’s the perfect bit of sweetness. I just go for the extra calories and use oat milk because it really makes all the difference in adding in creaminess. If you’re in Charleston, my three favorite coffee shops right now are Mercato (downtown on Broad St.), Brown Fox (in old Mt. Pleasant on the way to Sullivans), and The Rise (downtown on Wentworth St. below The Restoration hotel).
2. These shoes I’m wearing above have been on repeat nonstop. I wore them in the Bahamas and that has continued since being home almost every day. They were a splurge. I am not normally a splurgy shoe-buyer because I’m pretty rough on shoes, but in the past year, I’ve invested in maybe two pairs of really nice shoes and I want to wear them every chance I can, if I’m not wearing this pair or this pair.
3. At the start of the next week, I’ll be in my third trimester! This pregnancy is going by incredibly fast and incredibly slow at the same time. I’ve ordered everything for the nursery through Betsey and hoping that will all come together in the next month or so. I think what I’m most excited for in his room is this light, but in a totally different color. (We were able to customize and create the perfect color combination!) I can’t wait to share more!
4. My mom and I are taking Rosie to NYC in a couple of weeks for a short little girls trip, which will definitely be my last getaway before baby. I’m really excited about this trip because we don’t really have much on the agenda, other than having some special girl time and nice girly meals, like Eloise Tea at The Plaza! (Speaking of… is it worth it?! Any other musts while there? We’ve been to Color Factory and Sloomoo!)
5. Can’t believe it’s the 4th of July weekend! We are going to take the boat out on Sunday, but otherwise don’t really have too much planned. Our neighborhood does the cutest golf cart parade, which is such a fun time. I’m really hoping to make a fun drink, like this one!